25th May 2013
Very Fresh Peach Pie
Published: June 22, 2010
Here is an easy recipe from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services that makes the most of the succulent, sweet goodness of Virginia Grown peaches and other summer fruits.
- 9 Inch Unbaked Pastry Crust
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons of Flour
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 Medium Size Virginian Grown Peaches, Peel Skin and Quartered
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- Mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of mixture over unbaked crust.
- Arrange peaches in single layer over mixture.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the sugar mixture.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 400 Degrees Farenheit for an hour or until juices thicken and crust is light brown.
- Serve hot with your favorite Ice cream or whipped cream.
© 2007-2013, All Rights Reserved. Saint Joan of Arc Media LLC